Thursday, January 25, 2007

Opal Socks and Jim's Coin
The larger pair of socks I knit from Opal 6 ply color 1713. 60 stitches and size 2 brittany birch double points, basic sock pattern. The smaller socks are for me, 56 stitches, size 2 brittany birch dp's. I used the left over yarn from my husbands socks for the foot and I used another color of Opal 6 ply I had left over from my secret pal socks, that I had also knit Aiden's socks with, for the cuff and heel. There is surely alot of yarn in those balls, 150 g, 420 m/462 yds. I got mine from Astrid's at the before Christmas sale.

Now for Jim's new coin. My husband works for the US Army Corps of Engineers, NY District. During the recovery effort for hurricane Katrina my husband went down to Vicksburg, MS for a month to help out. Yesterday he received from his Superior a coin and certificate.










I'm current working on another pair of Fancy Chevron Lace Socks, I am using "Fresh Isle Fibers" "Suffolk Wool" in the verigated color of "Pinks". I tried a couple of other patterns and had to take them apart 1 3/4 socks is not good. I am also working on a pair of "Creeping Vine Socks" I am using "Trekking, Pro Natura" a wool and bamboo yarn, and short (5 inch) size 1 Brittany Birch dp's. I did not think that I would like the 5 inch needles but I find that I am loving them. Here is a link to the pattern http://members.shaw.ca/misschief/Creeping%20Vines%202.pdf. I should finish this weekend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home