Tuesday, January 02, 2007

New Years Eve, December FO, and January 1 Knitting
Being that we are not an aggressive family my son, husband, and I took the the train in to NYC on New Years Eve, Eve. Pints of Guiness for all at the "Pig and Whistle".



I brought my sock with me and knit all the way to the train station and on the train to NYC. I finished all but the toe. That I finished New Years Eve morning.

The train ride home got a little exciting:

The toes finished on the STR X-Mas socks I started making mittens and socks for my son's little buddy Aiden. He is 18 months and from what I hear needed home made mittens and socks. Mittens are knit with size 3 dp's 32 stitches, Patons, Classic Wool. The socks are size 2 dp's, 36 stitches, Opal 6 ply left over from my SP Socks.

Here lie the "Blue Moon Fiber Arts", "Socks That Rock" "Cascading Leaves" socks in "X-mas Rocks. My love hate knitting is over.


The above close up, taken by my husband is accurately showing the color. Below you will see that when covered by a pair of jeans and slipped into a pair of shoes, these very warm and comfortable socks will not be seen by me, but I will have happy feet.

1 Comments:

Blogger Melissa said...

I'm totally with you on the yellow comment. I thought the colorway was kinda cantaloupe-like and didn't really notice the yellow presence when I ordered. Maybe I wasn't paying attention too well.

1/2/07, 4:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home