Tuesday, November 28, 2006

July's FO's

July was a month that was filed with activities and not much knitting was done. Farmers' Market, Festival in the Borough, Hoedown, too many meetings, sitting by the pool, and my husband's and my birthday.

These socks were knit for my OSSP, Dianna. There were knit on size 1 Brittany dp's. The yarn used was Blue Sky Alpaca, Alpaca and Silk. The pattern used is "Fiber Trends" "Toe Jazz". I adjusted the pattern to make these ankle socks. Dianna lives in Texas, it is hot there. I really enjoyed the OSSP event. I met a wonderful woman, Dianna, we still e-mail back and forth. I hope the One Skein folks plan another. I think that the "Alpaca and Silk" is heavier than sock weight, but using the size 1 needles helped me to get the correct gauge, Dianna said they fit her feet perfectly.

Hunting season is coming up. I do alot of camping, hiking and biking during this time of year. During October my friend Heather and I like to camp at High Point State Park. Since we do not want to get shot, orange is important. The hats were knit with "Red Heart Super Saver" yarn. I used the "Needle Beetle" free hat pattern and size 6 Addi Circs. I knit 4 of them for our camping trip in October. Here are the girls with their hats on, mine was MIA when the picture was taken. Jim is taking the picture so you can not see his.

I knit these ped type socks with left over yarn. The dark color is Elsebeth Lavold Silky Wool left over from a pair of Ribble Socks and the stripey yarn is Regia Jubilee.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home