Thursday, November 09, 2006

OTN and September/October FO's

I am presently knitting a pair of socks for my sister-in-law. I am using Lamb's Pride worsted weight in the color of Clematis, a deep, dark purple. I am using size 4 dp for ribbing and size 5 dp for the rest. I am using the "Knitlist, Cable Sock Pattern". This is a free pattern and can be found through a search. The socks are thick and comfy. I am sure my sister-in-law will have happy feet.




Here are some pictures of items that were knit in the months of September and October.
The green slippers are for my son Dan I also knit my husband a pair but he would not take his off for the picture. He needed slippers immediately. I just cast on for socks with chunky yarn, 5 rows of K1P1, 2 rows knit, then started the heel.

Next is my son Dan's Christmas present. These were all knit with "Freshisle Fibers" black walnut dyed "Suffolk" wool. The hat was knit with the needle beetle free pattern hat. The mittens and socks are basic patterns knit on size 5 dp's. The scarf is knit 2 purl 2 with the sides alway knit 1 so the scarf does not fold under, it was knit with size 11 straight brittany's. I love this wool. It is worsted weight and everything knit up very quickly. Marian, the owner of Freshisle Fibers, dyed this wool with walnut hulls that were found in her parents yard. The scarf is made from 1 skein of the black walnut self-striping yarn. You can check out the yarn for yourself at http://www.freshislefibers.comeshislefibers.com.



A while back I had purchased a couple of skeins of "On Line Summer Color". I made two pair of flip-flop socks. One pair for me and one pair for my husband. I believe the colors were 788 and 787. I used the "Fiber Trends, Toe Jazz" pattern for both but did not do the cables on my husband's pair. I was not perticularly impressed with this yarn. It was hard to knit with and knit up rather loosely.

Now for my Mother-In-Laws Christmas Present. I have knit her a pair of gloves. These gloves were knit on #1 dp's with "Jamieson and Smith, Shetland 2 Ply", color FC15. The pattern is from the "Nomis" pattern book titled "Gloves and Mittens for the Entire Family". MIL's hands are small and I had to go down to a children's size and use the #1 dp's. These gloves took over 2 weeks of continued knitting to complete.


My Mother's friend Bea wanted a pair of slippers. My Mother has knit slippers for my brother and I and all of our children for over 60 years. Mom has Macular now and can no longer knit. The duty has now fallen to me. It does not take a long time to knit these slippers, they are knit holding 2 strands of worsted weight yarn together. The pom-pom was made by my son's girlfriend, I did not have the patience.




Last thing for today. I sometimes need mindless knitting and had about 4 skeins of Patons Classic Wool in Dusky Blue that I had gotten on discount. Only 2 were the same dye lot. I knit a scarf with the 2 same skeins. The pattern is "Knitted Openwork Scarf". I obtained this pattern from the "Canadian Knitwear Designers and Artisans" website. It is a free pattern. I cast on the number of stitches suggested in the pattern and used a size 8 straight needle. The hat again in "Needle Beetle" free pattern and the mittens are basic mitten pattern.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home