Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Getting Started

I created this blog earlier in the year to keep track of knitting that I accomplished. I did not realize that it would also be the year of my 25th wedding anniversay. So.... lots of knitting was completed, but no blogging.

So now I begin. The latest thing I finished is a pair of socks. I have been kintting things for Christmas but fit these in between a couple of projects. I received the yarn from my OSSP, Dianna, in August. I was to give her yarn and a hand knit gift in the OSSP swap. She loved my gift so much she purchased yarn so that I would have a pair of socks just like hers. The socks are knit from a most beautiful color of red. The yarn is Blue Sky Alpaca, Alpaca and Silk. I used 2 skeins and have very little left. The pattern used was Fiber Trends, Toe Jazz.


I had just finished a hat and pair of socks for my brother-in-law for his birthday (12-24) and christmas presents. The hat is from needle beetle, free pattern and the socks are just a basic cast on 48 stitches and make socks pattern. The socks and hat were made using 2 skeins of Patons Classic Wool, in blackI had a small bit left over but still made the toes in Patons Classic Wool in lt. grey. I have made this hat at least 20 times. I use addie turbo circulars until I have to use double points. I know black does not photograph well, the socks are just k1p1 ribbing 10 rows and stockenette stitch the rest of the way

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home