Thursday, December 07, 2006

Fancy Chevron Lace Socks

I must say these socks cane out perfect. The pattern is from the knit list, easily found on the internet with a search. The yarn is "Freshisle Fibers" "Suffolk Wool", in the color of "Grapes". I used almost a whole skein for the pair. There might be enough left for a stripe somewhere. I am also showing a close up of the stitching so you can really see the beauty of this yarn.
I was looking around on knitty today and found a wonderful way to improve the look of a kitchener toe. No pointed corners any more. Here is the link to the article http://www.knittyboard.com/viewtopic.php?t=44261 . The mittens that I spoke of yesterday still need thumbs. Did not have time to work on them. I wanted to finish these.

3 Comments:

Blogger freshisle said...

Such beautiful work! I, of course, love the socks - nice patterning. Those "Fuzzy Feet" look so toasty, too.

12/7/06, 5:04 PM  
Blogger Zonda said...

Hi! I'm here from Freshisle's Blog! Those socks are lovely! I just looked at the rest of your blog, such lovely knitting! Your FF are cute too! Glad to see what my watermelon yarn will look like! :)

12/7/06, 10:54 PM  
Blogger Leslie Shelor said...

Beautiful work, and the yarn is beautiful (here from Freshisle!)

12/9/06, 4:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home