Wednesday, December 06, 2006

December ALREADY! and November FO"S

November 30th I finished Grandpa's gloves, they are not the ones pictured in November with the finished "Ruby Slippers". I took those apart and started over. I had started them over 3 times due to gauge problems, just could not find the right combination of needles and yarn. 3 times was enough. I used my old stand by, 2 needle pattern and I think these turned ou terrific. I used Jamieson & Smith, Shetland 2 ply, I think color 2. Knit with size 2 clover single point needle. I used all of 2 skeins and needed a little bit of a third skein for 1/2 of the little finger.

The socks are knit for my Nephew Andrew. They are knit with Cascade 220, in Earth. What a beautiful color and the yarn is very soft. I used almost 1 skein for each sock. I may have enough left over for a pair of baby mittens. I used my own made up pattern, 44 stitches, size 5 0r 6 needle, I can't remember, 10 rows k1, p1, ribbing, and stockenette stitch for the rest of the foot.

I am right now working on a pair of mittens made out of "Ultra Alpaca". I really love this yarn. These will be a gift for Christmas to go with the scarf that is in the works here. The scarf is from the "What-Knot Scarf" pattern. I should be able to post both of these as FO's tomorrow. I am also working on a pair of socks using "Fresh Isle Fibers, Suffolk" yarn. The color is "Grapes". I should be able to post these tomorrow also.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home