Monday, February 26, 2007

Weekend Knitting

My daughter still is knitting. She finished the grey scarf and asked to buy more yarn. On Saturday we drove to Nazareth, PA and visited Kraemer Textiles. What a fun place. She chose 2 skeins of Kraemer's own bulky alpaca in natural color. She cast on 12 stitches and is now the proud owner of a really long scarf. I will try to get pictures. While at Kramer I purchased yarn to make Claire a new pair of mittens. She loves all of her mittens and had requested a pair of orange mittens. The yarn is "Plymouth Encore Colorspun", this is an orange colorway, #7510.
I also joined the "KOTR" KAL. The sock for February/March is Dalarna. I found 2 skeins of Regia fadig in a red color at Kraemer Textiles and have started the sock. I am using Crystal Palace dp's in size 1. Looks good so far. I got the book as a gift from my son a few years ago. I have always looked at the pictures, but never made a pair of socks. I worked on the STR Rhodonite, "Ribble Socks", this is some brightly colored yarn. The STR Carbon yarn is in the process of becoming "Dad's Easy Cable Socks". Both patterns found in the "Socks Socks Socks" book.

1 Comments:

Blogger Judith said...

Oh, I am in breathless awe!

As for the socks I mentioned on the RSC site, I think I used US 4.0 for those and was getting 6 sts to the inch.

/auntie judith

2/26/07, 3:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home