Monday, February 12, 2007

Creeping Vines and Other Important Knitting

This weekend I finished up the Creepinging Vines socks. These socks were a real challenge, but well worth the effort. You will notice in the picture there are a few broken size one britany's at the bottom. This occured at the end of a row when a decrease was necessary. The first picture is before blocking. The second picture is after lightly pressing the socks. The white spots in the Trekking are interesting. I did not notice this when I purchased the yarn from Astrid. So again.................... the yarn is Trekking Pro Natura, color 1600. Creeping Vines pattern http://members.shaw.ca/misschief/Creeping%20Vines%202.pdfca/misschief/Creeping%20Vines%202.pdf , size 1 - 5" brittany dp's. There are a couple of pictures of the front of the sock. Here you can really see the vine pattern. The vine also goes up the center of the sock back. I pretty much followed the pattern except for the heel.

In other knitting I finished a pair of plain old warm pink socks. I used Queensland, Kathmandu. Cast on 48 stitches, size 2 lantern moon ebony. Nice thick warm socks.














3 Comments:

Blogger Ev said...

They look awesome!! Thanks so much for sharing your pics!

2/12/07, 2:04 PM  
Blogger Ev said...

They look awesome!! Thanks so much for sharing your pics!

2/12/07, 2:04 PM  
Blogger tapmouse said...

They turned out great! I like the yarn you chose for the pattern. I hope mine come out that cool,though I'm still working through so many other socks that I may change my mind on that yarn/pattern combo.

Thanks for visiting my blog!

3/17/07, 2:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home