Monday, February 05, 2007

Buckwheat Zydeco and the Suffolk Wool Triplets
On Friday, February 2, 2007, I met my husband in NYC. First he went with me to School Products, 1201 Broadway, 3rd floor. Wonderful store, easy to find. Though there were lots of choices I got 4 skeins of Koigu. These will be made into "Toe Jazz" a "Fiber Trends" pattern for the upcoming flip flop season.














We then went to BB Kings for the 8:00 pm show of Buckwheat Zydeco. Great show, lousey food.














Now for the "Freshisle Fibers" Suffolk Wool Triplets................................

The first pair I made was "Freshisle Fibers" "Suffolk Wool", color "Shades of Pinks". I usually stay away from pink yarn but I thought "What the heck". The pattern is "Fancy Chevron Lace". I used this pattern before with the Suffolk Wool and had great results. Size 5 Brittany dp's. Heel is different from the pattern. Kind of like a peppermint candy and just in time for Valentines' Day. I tried these on after knitting and fell asleep on the couch, I woke up to very warm feet. Here is the direct link to the pattern ...... http://www.knitlist.com/98gift/fancychevronlacesocks.htm
The second pair was knit from "Freshisle Fibers" "Suffolk Wool", color "Puple Sunset". I used another knitlist pattern "Texture and Lace". Again, I used size 5 Brittany dp's. This pattern I modified in the heel and in the cuff. The cuff called for knit 1 purl 1 for 2 inches. I knit 1 row and purled one row and started with the pattern rows. Here is the direct link to the pattern ......... http://www.knitlist.com/97gift/texturesox.htm

The third pair is knit from "Freshisle Fibers" Suffolk Wool", color "Iris". The pattern is again "Fancy Chevron Lace" from the knit list. I really like the way these hand dyed yarns respond to this pattern.

I will leave today with my WIP. I have been working on and off on these socks since January 15, 2007. They are knit on size 1 brittany 5 inch needles. I am using the Creeping Vines http://members.shaw.ca/misschief/Creeping%20Vines%202.pdf , Trekking ProNatura. I have broken 2 needles so far and am trying to finish these without breaking any more.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are just amazing! What gorgeous knitting! I'm having trouble picking a favourite! Thanks for the pattern links.

2/5/07, 7:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home