Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Moving Into March or Boy Am I Glad February Is OverI had enough yarn leftover from the Dashings to make this:
Pattern: Saving Grace by Dawn Pietzsch
Yarn: Plymouth Tweed
Needle: Size 5
A quick and fun knit.

I was looking through the books that I have on Sunday. I found this Bernat Handicrafter, Book No 46. The copyright date is 1955. There are a few fun knits in here. I picked this:
Pattern: Style 5681
Yarn: Queensland Llama Seta 80% Alpaca 20% Silk
Needle: Size 5
This odd shaped hat was made with short rows. I completed this on Sunday evening while watching television. My daughter liked the idea of this hat thing as it will not give one hat head.
The picture on the left shows hat worn as pictured in Bernat Handicrafter. Picture on right is with hat thing tied behind, less hair to mess up this way.








I have started a pair of "Fetching" to match my new Hat Thing.
Pattern: Fetching by Cheryl Niamath
Yarn: Queensland Llama Seta 80% Alpaca 20% Silk
Needle: Size 5
I am still knitting away on "Twinings" I have completed the 16 row pattern 4 times, 8 inches. This is a real fun knit. Although at night I have a difficult time. The Addi Lace needles have quite a glare under light and the stitches are very small. Sometimes my eyes feel like they are going to pop out. That is when I put Twinings down and work on somehting else. I am in no hurry to complete this.
On a recent trip to the attic I found a bag with 4 afghans in it. All are in an unfinished state. I chose this one to finish first, it needed the least amount of work. This was supposed to be a shower gift for a co-worker. I say supposed because obviously I never gave it as a gift. I had purchased 3 skeins of Red Heart Super Saver in Brick Red. The lable always states -NO DYE LOT - well LIAR! That is not the sunshine in the middle. I think I will use this in the spring and fall evenings while sitting by the camp fire.


3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Holy Cow, Woman, would you please send some of that knitting mojo my way?! You have been busy; while I can't remember the last stitch I knit!

That Hat Thing looks a lot like the Calorimetry.

3/8/08, 7:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree, I thought Calorimetry when I saw the picture too.
Oh, unfinished projects in the attic. We all have a few of those. Very lovely in spite of the colour issue.

3/10/08, 9:31 AM  
Blogger Cloudberry said...

What a great blog you have!
Lots of great knitting.
And I agree with the others, that "hat thing" looks just like Calorimetry.

4/10/08, 6:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home