Friday, December 21, 2007

Merry Christmas To All
I leave for Maine in the morning and will return on Wednesday
Pattern: Thorpe Hat ; by Kirsten Kapur
Yarn: Blue Sky Cotton, Color 613 Ink
Needles: Size 8 dp's and circular
The yarn used was not to gauge. I cast on 96 stitches and knit to the length of the medium size hat. I had to adjust the decreases to accommodate the additional stitches. I did not use the whole skein of yarn and have quite a few yards left over. I did not have a yarn that would be appropriate for the contrasting color and crocheted around with the same black. This is a very soft and warm hat. I can wear it to shovel with a wool hat over top.
Nice pattern. I will be making this hat again.
Sorry that the picutre does not show the hat very well. After many attemps my daughter and I gave up. Black is not easy to photograph.
Shortie Socks
Yarn: Atacama, 100% Alpaca - Color 508
Pattern: 48 stitches, knit 2 purl 2 Cuff
Needle: Size 4 dp's
So soft

3 Comments:

Blogger Kirsten said...

Have a wonderful trip! You look adorable in your new hat!! Thanks for stopping by and letting me know that you finished it.

12/21/07, 9:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have a brilliant Christmas and all the best fibre in 2008!

12/22/07, 2:01 AM  
Blogger freshisle said...

Have a lovely Christmas!
Soooooo much knitting. Impressive.

12/22/07, 6:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home