Thursday, July 12, 2007

Ribble Stitch Scarf & WIP

This passed winter (finished in December) I made a pair of fingerless gloves with this stitch pattern. I found the stitch pattern in the book "Socks Socks Socks". I made quite a few pair of the socks and really like the effect. The Ribble is a reversible cable, same on both sides. Perfect for a scarf. I used 2 skeins of Berroco Ultra Alpaca, chocolate, that I purchased at The Yarn Sellar in York, Maine. I used size 5 needles and 39 stitches. I found this scarf in my WIP bag and decided to finish it. The scarf is 78" long with 2 inches of fringe on each end. I have not blocked the scarf yet so not sure of the width. Click on scarf for larger image.











I think I have been bit by a bug that causes extreme sleepiness. My eyes are burning and just want to close. When I sit to knit I immediately fall asleep. This is dangerous with pointy sticks. I have started 3 pair of socks and have not made much progress on any pair. I just like starting them.

The blue socks are to be peds, Tofutsie leftover from Tidal Wave socks. The brown is Trekking ProNatura, color 1603, socks for husband. The reddish is the RSC June kit "Solstice Slip"; this is a very fun stitch pattern but of course I have made changes to the pattern. I like socks that fit my feet and tend to make changes to patterns to suit MY foot.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, you were in my neck of the woods! Didn't you just love The Yarn Sellar?

I love that stitch; it IS perfect for a scarf :)

7/13/07, 6:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice cables and I like the idea that it's reversible. I'm putting that on my 'must try' list.

7/13/07, 8:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home