Tuesday, November 10, 2009

"It's Always A Sunny Day" Multnomah

Pattern: Multnomah
Yarn: Wollmeise, Twin 80% Superwash 20% Nylon
Color: Sonne
Needle: Size 3 Circular

You may remember this started out as the Swallowtail Shawl.

First off the needles. I used Kollage Yarns, Square Circular Knitting Needles. My husband bought these for me for 2008 Christmas gift. This was sthe first time I used them. They claim the “won’t kink, kurl, or knot”, they do. Also the stitches have a difficult time going over the join. One of the tips all of the finish wore off and left it rough feeling, the other tip is fine.

Now for the yarn. I LOVE the color. That being said, I am not sure if it was the yarn/needle combination or what but the splitting was unreal. Every row I had to fix a couple of stitches.

When blocked out the scarf measured 43.5” by 17”. A little smaller than the patter calls for. I followed the pattern exactly except that I completed 13 repeats of the Feather and Fan border.

viewed 0 times

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mmmm, that is a lovely bit of sunshine you knit up there. Beautiful colour.

11/10/09, 11:18 PM  
Anonymous freshisle said...

Beautiful.
I've been wondering about those needles. Now I don't think I need to try them. Too bad.

11/22/09, 9:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home