Wednesday, August 05, 2009

July Is Gone August Is Here
Where has the time gone? I sure as heck do not know. These are the "Guitar Man" socks. I knit them for my guitar playing husband.I followed the pattern exactly - 72 stitches on size 1 double point needles. The yarn is "Meilenweit, Mega Boot Stretch" color 713. I like them, the pattern was fun, and my husband likes them.
Then more rainy weather set in and I read a couple of books, or should I say that I napped alot. Then I remembered that I still had alot of fabric in a tote in the garage and decided to make some bags. These are made from "Simplicity" pattern 2830. I made another larger (the one on top) bag but gifted it to my Aunt for her birthday. The bags were fun and believe it or not quite easy. I use the smaller bag (carrots) for my knitting. I can fit a pair of socks that I am working on, the pattern, lip balm, extra skein of yarn , antibacterial wipes, and my wallet in the bag. There are also pockets of the outside for other things collected along the way.These are works in progress. A couple pair of "Glorious Gloves", the black ones are knit with "Hempathy" and the green ones are knit with "SoxxAppeal". I am having finger anxiety. Maybe the next rainy day will help.

Took a quick trip to Maine the end of July. My Mother was quite ill and needed surgery. She had a pacemaker installed at Maine Medical. A wonderful hospital with a lovely nursing staff. My husband and I had our birthday dinner at "DiMillo's", we both had the Seafood Scampi and I am happy to report that it was a dinner I will remember always. Delicious! I am happy to say that my Mother will be going home from the rehab center on Friday 8/7. God Blesss Her, 88 years old and just as stubborn as ever.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Jeanne said...

Very nice socks and great totes! I hope your Mom is feeling better now.

8/10/09, 8:21 PM  
Blogger Becka said...

I am so excited! I LOVE YOUR SOCKS! I am very, very honored that you chose to knit one of my designs :0)
God Bless!

8/25/09, 7:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home