Wednesday, January 21, 2009

The Attic Triplets and Leftover Yarn Goodies
While searching for warm clothes in the attic I came across these unfinished afghans from the 1990's. Put them together, added fringe and now may I present..............Pattern: Aran Afghan, from Woman's Day Creative Series, Christmas 1993
Yarn: Super Saver Color: Aran
Needles: Size 9
Needed just the fringe on one side.
Pattern: Lattice Work from Leisure Arts leaflet 2315
Yarn: Red Heart Super Saver Color: Country Pink
Needles: Size 8
This was started in the fall of 1994. Needed sewing and fringe.

Pattern: Chevron Panels from Leisure Arts Leaflet 2315
Yarn: Red Heart Super Saver Color: Country Blue
Needles: Size 8
I started this in the spring of 1994. Needed ends sewn in and fringe.
I have soaked these 3 in Eucalan. The Red Heart yarn is very soft now. This Red Heart had 8 ounces, now only has 7.
Pattern: Bootie Slipper
Yarn: Red Heart Colors: Country Blue and Country Pink
Needles: Size 10
(Pattern handed down from my Mother)
Used yarn leftover from the above afghans.
Pattern: Maine Morning Mitts
Yarn: Cascade 220 Color: 4002 Jet & 9449 Midnight Heather
Yarn: Cascade 220 Color: 2453 Pumpkin Spice & 2411 Cafe
Yarn: Encore Worsted Color: Bark
Needles: Size 5
Yarns leftover from Christmas presents, going in the spare gift box.
Pattern: Woodman's socks (knit 2 purl 2)
Yarn: Encore Color: Eggplant
Needles: Size 5
Used the yarn from the socks I made my Aunt Gaby for Christmas. I had 2 skeins and had enough for both pair. Going in the spare gift box.
Working on a couple of scarfs, should be done by the weekend.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Such wonderful attic finds! I love the afghans and use one all the time, however, I never seem to have the stick-to-it-iveness to finish one. Beautiful!

1/21/09, 7:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow - they are so pretty - I'm surprised you put them away for so long!

1/21/09, 7:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You should have used some name of the post.

2/11/09, 5:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home