Sunday, April 29, 2007

Just in the Nick of Time..
The Zokni socks are finished. I knit these socks with the Socknitters-SAM. These socks were quite a knit. I never learned the pattern and had to refer to the pattern for every row that was knit. I made the socks top down. I did not use the short row heel, instead I brought the leaf pattern down the back of the heel - this you can see if you scroll back a couple of posts. The JitterBug is a little thicker than a fingering yarn. Thick and warm. Very hard to get the true color of this yarn in a picture, but again if you scroll down a couple of post to see the back of the sock you will see the true color. Click of pictures for a larger picture.










Specifics:
YARN: Colinette JitterBug - Velvet Leaf
NEEDLE: Size 1 Bamboo
CHANGES: heel flap and flip-flop toe
TIME: 3 weeks

5 Comments:

Blogger Lisathemom said...

Beautiful socks! You did a great job - and I love the flip flop toe.

4/30/07, 8:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great socks!

5/1/07, 1:59 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I love all your flip flop socks! Leaf is such a beautiful color. I had such a hard time deciding between Leaf & Plum when I saw them at a lys. Gorgeous stuff.

5/9/07, 10:36 PM  
Blogger velmalikevelvet said...

i just finished my monsoon inside-out socks myself, and wish i had thought of the flip-flop toe; clever! any plans to share the pattern for that element? i'd love to try it. many thanks

5/30/07, 9:18 PM  
Blogger Helen Knits said...

Zokni means socks in Hungarian, did a Hungarian person design them. Must go to the Socknitters site I haven't been there for a while. The socks look great! I have some Jitterbug too but haven't knitted anything from them yet.

6/2/07, 2:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home