Monday, May 14, 2007

Canada Socks and Butterfly Super 10 Cotton Socks


I was looking for something different, pretty and fast. These are made with 48 stitches and size 2 LM ebony needles. The yarn is listed as a dk. A little rough on the hands although I have knit with wools that were worse. They seem thick and will hopefully make a nice house sock for an ill friend. Edit 5/27/2007 -My SIL Nancy loves her socks. She is in and out of the Cancer Center for Chemo, Radiation and blood transfusions, they will come in handy. They are knit with Butterfly Super 10 yarn in color 2918 - Jazz Nights.

Here is the start of the KOTR April/May KAL, Canada socks. I am using Regia Silk in Moss and Burgandy and a little bit of a left over wool in a rust color. They are worked with size 0 bamboo needles. This colorwork section is very time consuming, I have done 16 rows of the 29 row pattern. After the color panel it is basically a stockinette stitch with a clock panel down each side to the toe.
5/17/2007 Edit on Canada Sock. This sock was ripped back to the ribbing. The sock is very thick and the colorwork made it so thick that I had trouble getting it over my heel. I am almost done sock number one. Just the foot to go. With changes I am not sure I will have enough of the moss color, the toe may be burgandy.

1 Comments:

Blogger Mamateja said...

Looks beautiful .... but a lot of work with the pattern.

5/16/07, 6:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home