Friday, November 16, 2007

Today Is A Good Day
First my ex-boss called to ask questions, but I do not work there any more? By the way where is my paycheck?Then the mail came. I saw the mail person put letters and a white bag in my box.

Blue Moon Fiber Arts; from the Raven Series, two heavy weight Ravens, Haidi and Ravenscroft. Hollyday in medium weight. All beautiful. The letters that came announced my unemployment benefits. 26 weeks. Another benefit is college. I think I will go again.

These socks are made special for my Mother In Law. She has difficult feet and just recently broke her leg. The ribbing on the leg will stretch to fit her swolleness. I brought the ribbing down the heel for a better fit under the walking cast, no bunching is allowed. Stockinette foot for the same reason. The yarn is Plymouth Suri Merino, an alpaca/merino blend. I used a size 4 dp for the leg and heel and a size 3 dp for the foot. Leg and foot are both 40 stitches.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was just looking at the STR Raven colors last night - they are so beautiful! Very nice yarn purchases! And cute socks!

11/17/07, 8:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear of the job situation. Hope all is going well. Going back to school sounds promising!
I still haven't tried any Socks That Rock yarn. Hopefully in the new year!

11/18/07, 10:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home