Wednesday, November 14, 2007

F.O.'s Take A Trip To Merrill Creek

I am back on regular coffee. Work had become so stressful I had to quit dring the high test, but November 7, 2007 was my last day. Things are back to normal now. The bonus being I have more time to knit. I have signed up for unemployment insurance and am waiting to see if I qualify.
My daughter and I took advantage of a beautiful day yesterday and went over to the reservoir for a walk. We walked the Perimeter Trail and according to Google Earth we walked 5.5 miles.

First up is the "Villandry Lace Scarf" by Angela Roberge
The yarn used was Blue Sky Cotton, color 613 Ink. I cast on 21 stitches, size 6.0 mm needles.
This is a fun 4 row pattern. The cotton is heavy and scarf too skinny. I am going to take it apart, cast on more stitches, and try again.


Another pair of Boot SocksBasic 48 stitch boot sock
Yarn: Ella Rae, Classic - 13 Slate
Wollmeise Socks


  • Followed the pattern exactly, except only decreased to to 32 stitches.
  • Yarn: Trekking XXL color 181

These guys followed us all day!

3 Comments:

Blogger Pam said...

What a lovely, gentle 'space' you have here. A knitter and crotcheter from the south of England from the age of 4, I have recently returned to knitting after a gap of some years. Socks, socks, more socks and yet more socks - I am lost and totally happy in the colour and feel of all the modern yarns!

I have just taught two of my Grandaughters to knit and one of my Grandsons, so the tradition will go on in our family.

Thank you for sharing your space and I hope to become a regular visitor to your pages.

Kind regards.
Pam Beeching

11/15/07, 2:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful projects - I love the Trekking socks - what a great colorway!

11/15/07, 6:20 AM  
Blogger monica said...

Love all the pictures of the trip to the lake, they are very pretty. I really like that color of Trekking, I may have to buy that color.
Thanks so much for stopping by my blog, and for the compliment on the sock pattern, yours turned out fantastic.

11/15/07, 1:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home